NYC Impact Social Media Policies
To promote good sportsmanship and to deter the need to enforce such discipline, NYC Impact Sports, Inc recommends the following guidelines as best practices for the use of social media by NYC Impact members (coaches, staffs, players, volunteers, chaperones and point parents), parents and guests (anyone who invites to the event by NYC impact members and parents) of the club. For the purposes of these guidelines, social media means any form of electronic communication through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content, including, by way of illustration and not limitation, social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other mobile App based social media services.
NYC Impact respects the right of its players to use social media. However, it is important for our members, parents and guests to understand the need to exercise care in setting appropriate boundaries between their personal and public online behavior and to understand that what may seem private in the digital world can often become public, even without knowledge or consent. NYC Impact members, parents and guests who use social media must remember that any information posted reflects on the entire NYC Impact community and are subject to discipline or removal for any inappropriate use of social media.
NYC Impact understands the popularity and usefulness of social media networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and social media services and supports their use by members provided that:
1. No offensive or inappropriate pictures are posted. (see the 1st, 6th and 7th bullet point on below for detail)
2. No offensive or inappropriate comments are posted. (see the 1st, 6th and 7th bullet point on below for detail)
cannot break laws or have members, parents and guests breaking laws in them
4. Posts and comments should not contain people drinking alcohol or have alcohol showing or even talk about alcohol
5. Posts cannot show any indication of hazing/Cyber Bullying as they are against the NYC Impact/GEVA/USAV SafeSport policy
6. NYC Impact members, parents and guests must remain professional when posting
7. Photos and/or comments posted on social media do not depict team-related or NYC Impact-identifiable activities (including wearing/using team uniforms or gear) in an inappropriate manner. (see the 1st, 6th and 7th bullet point on below for detail)
8. You must ask permission to post if other parties are involved in the photo(s). Must remove photo(s) upon requested from the party that involved in the photo(s).
8. Any information placed on these outlets does not violate NYC Impact’s Athlete Codes of Conducts.
9. NYC Impact members, parents and guests WILL face disciplinary or dismissal for violations of policies.
While NYC Impact does not monitor its members, parents, and/or guests’ personal social media accounts, it has the right to act on information provided by third parties and to investigate a member, parent, and/or guests’ social media sites in the event of allegations of inappropriate online conduct toward NYC Impact members, parents, guests or anyone from an USAV/GEVA and NYC Impact authorized events. Finally, NYC Impact has a right to take disciplinary action against any members, parents and guests for any instance of inappropriate online conduct described below.
The following online actions are considered to be substantially or foreseeable disruptive to the NYC Impact community:
Incriminating photos or statements depicting violence; hazing; sexual harassment; vandalism; underage drinking; selling, possessing, or using controlled substances; or any other inappropriate behaviors.
Bullying\Hazing\Threats of Violence. While NYC Impact members, parents, and/or guests have a right to free speech, that right is NOT unlimited at all USAV/GEVA/NYC Impact Authorized event. NYC Impact members, parents and guests must hold themselves at the highest standard and represent the club at the most professional manner. NYC Impact members, parents and guests should be aware that if their conduct is deemed inappropriate, such conduct may be subject to discipline or dismissal from the club or the event.
Derogatory language or remarks about NYC Impact members, parents, guests or anyone from different clubs or at a USAV/GEVA/NYC Impact authorized event.
General inappropriate language of a profane imagery or sexual nature
Engaging in or indicating knowledge of cyber bullying and/or harassing NYC Impact members, parents, guests or anyone from different clubs or at a USAV/GEVA/NYC Impact authorized event.
“Liking” any of the above comments or photos on social networking sites indicates your approval of such comments and thereby holds you to the same standard.
“Retweeting” or marking a tweet as a “Favorite” on Twitter also indicates your approval of inappropriate comments and thereby holds you to the same standard.
Other inappropriate behavior as deemed so by NYC Impact.
This document serves as your warning, and any offenses that occur will immediately result in Removal from team or club for team members or will ask to leave the event immediately and not allow to attend any other USAV/GEVA and NYC Impact authorized events for remainder of the season for parents and guests. NYC Impact will also fill a an incident to USAV and GEVA as well.